The CDSP is another of the many Ratcliff buildings located on Holy Hill. Its English Tudor-style architecture, characterized by the red brick, sparse stone trim and the Gothic arcade, evokes the school’s Anglican roots. Advertisements
The Pacific School of Religion is arguably Holy Hill’s most notable structure. The largest and oldest school in the GTU, the PSR moved into its current location in 1926 following the Berkeley fire. The dramatic, “fantasy” architecture of the PSR is a reflection of the prosperous (and delusional) 1920s. The Holbrook building takes inspiration from […]
A feature by Margot Patterson Doss published in a 1975 issue of the San Francisco Chronicle guides readers through a scenic tour of the geography of Holy Hill. Doss describes the Frank M. Wilson home, one of the few wood-shingled buildings in Northside to survive the 1923 fire. The Wilson house was torn down to build […]
A gallery of small treasures found around Holy Hill on a rainy afternoon, including this view of the chapel at the Pacific School of Religion, the GTU’s oldest seminary. Despite the Christian iconography shown in the photo, the GTU is known for its diverse, interdenominational programs.